The Lakes Region NH has been a beloved vacation destination for decades. In fact the town of Wolfeboro, on the shore of Lake Winnipesaukee, claims to be “the Oldest Summer Resort in America.” It just goes to show, what makes a perfect vacation spot doesn’t change over time. The Lakes Region NH has everything you picture when planning a fun and relaxing New England getaway:
- The Lakes – The Lakes Region NH has some of the most pristine and largest bodies of water in New Hampshire. Vacationers love kayaking, swimming, and cruising on the picturesque lakes.
- Charming Towns – The gorgeous shorelines of the Lakes Region NH are dotted with dozens of charming towns. Each have a wide choice of great restaurants, unique shops and entertainment.
- The Mountains – Soaring mountain ranges surround the Lakes Region NH. Not only do they create a stunning view but also offer great outdoor adventures throughout the year.
- Outdoor Recreation – With lakes, mountains and deep forests, the region offers endless outdoor recreation opportunities. While vacationing here visitors can play outside during any season.
- Fall Foliage – The exceptional Autumn colors paint the landscape in brilliant hues and reflect off the glassy lakes, drawing visitors to the area each year.
The Lakes Region NH includes everything needed for the ideal vacation in any season. While all the activities and attractions enhance any getaway, the lakes are what makes this place so magical. The Lake House at Ferry Point Inn offers our guests the only lakefront bed and breakfast location in the Lakes Region NH. We provide luxury accommodations with idyllic views of serene Lake Winnisquam. Reserve your elegant guest suite with us today and discover your new favorite vacation spot this year.
Why the Lakes Region NH is the Perfect Vacation Getaway
Discover why so many return year after year to the Lakes Region NH for their most memorable vacations. The calm, shimmering lakes nestle in old-growth forests and guardian mountains, create a setting like no other. While the quaint towns and exciting recreational activities fill the days with fun and adventure:
- The Lakes – The many vast, beautiful lakes carve the landscape into quiet coves, wide open vistas, wooded shorelines and sunny sandy beaches. Take a dinner and dancing cruise on Mount Washington Cruises one day. Then choose a peaceful kayaking trip another day on the serene Squam Lake to visit the nesting loons and the “On Golden Pond” movie locations. Or view the lakes from above on a thrilling seaplane tour. Then return to The Lake House at Ferry Point Inn and sip a glass of wine while you watch the sunset over Lake Winnisquam.
- Charming Towns – Lovely New England towns surround the lakes and offer great dining, shopping and entertainment options for visitors. Spend the day strolling delightful historic villages like Meredith, Laconia, Wolfeboro, and Moultonboro, just to name a few. Browse boutique shops with handmade crafts, candies, maple products and antiques. The lakefront Mill Falls Marketplace includes several shops and restaurants in Meredith. While Laconia has some of the best restaurants found in the Lakes Region NH. It’s also the home of Weirs Beach with its 1300 feet long boardwalk on Lake Winnipesaukee. Also enjoy summer entertainment at the Funspot and Weirs Drive-in Theater. The fascinating Wright Museum and NH Boat Museum are found in the town of Wolfeboro and nearby Moultonboro is the home of The Loon Center. Discover lovely towns and farms on a scenic drive while sampling local wine and beers. Then top off an evening enjoying a show at The Winnipesaukee Playhouse in Meredith.
- The Mountains – Grand mountains encircle the Lakes Region NH and provide lofty vistas to conquer. Hikes up Mt Major and Rattlesnake Mountain open up to sweeping views of Lake Winnipesaukee and Squam Lake. While Gunstock Mountain, known for winter sports, offers challenging hiking trails as well. The glacier formed landscape creates an interesting geography with caves and plunging waterfalls. However the mountains can always be appreciated in the distance while relaxing lakeside.
- Year-round Recreation – The Lakes Region NH is a hiking lover’s dream with trails around the lovely lakes, through lush forest and scaling mountainsides. However trails are also enjoyed by mountain bikers, cross-country skiers and snow shoers. The shimmering lakes, beaches and shorelines call to vacationers to swim, kayak, fish, or just play at the water’s edge in the warm months. While Gunstock Mountain is the place to be during the winter with downhill skiing and snowboarding runs.
- Amazing Fall Foliage – While all the seasons are beautiful in the Lakes Region NH, nothing outshines Autumn. Visitors flock to the area to see the landscape glowing with rich reds, oranges and yellows during the peak season. Many enjoy scenic hikes, bikes and country drives to view the beautiful colors. Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad and Mount Washington cruises both offer special fall foliage tours. It’s a fantastic way to savor the fleeting colors of the season.
Escape this year to the perfect place for a relaxing or action packed vacation, or perhaps a combination of the two. The Lake Region NH invites you to explore all its lakes, mountains, and charming towns. And The Lake House at Ferry Point Inn has the perfect lakefront location. You’ll want to return every year to make new memories. Plan your 2020 vacation in the spectacular Lakes Region NH.