Restaurant Guide for the Lakes Area Region of New Hampshire
From casual to elegant, here is our list of handpicked local restaurant recommendations just for you!
We love to eat out just as much as you and we especially love sending our guests to our favorite restaurants in the area. Spending money in these establishments supports other small business owners like us, stimulates the local economy and provides you with the best food New Hampshire has to offer!
The Lakes Area Region is chock-full of restaurants that we enjoy, from super casual to upscale and elegant and everything in between. So, steer away from those big chains and try something new and different!
Here is a list of the restaurants we love most. Bon Appétit!
OUR TOP PICKS
- Dox on Winnisquam, 927 Laconia Rd, in Tilton.
Owned by the Innkeepers Pam and Al. All Lake House at Ferry Point Guests receive a 10% discount.
Waterfront restaurant and bar with modern America food, open air dining, outdoor dining, craft beer, delicious cocktails, and live music!
- The Local Eatery, in Laconia, NH, is an exclusive farm-to-table restaurant, offering the freshest produce, meats, fish, and cheese from select farms and farmers. Reservations are recommended!
- Bernini Italian Pizzeria and Wine Bar, in Laconia – Fine Italian dining and an extensive wine bar.
- Shooter’s Pub, in Belmont, NH, is a great place for all you sports lovers! There is a sports pub with pool tables and dartboards, as well as a bowling alley and live entertainment. In the warmer months, the outdoor patio is open, where you can chill out with a game of cornhole. The menu consists of pizza, nachos, steak tips, giant salads and big burgers.
- The Hilltop Restaurant at Steele Hill Resort in Sanbornton – Amazing views and a romantic destination with classic American fare.
- The Breeze in Gilford – Seafood, Steaks and excellent cocktails make The Breeze a popular dining option.
- Bar Salida in Laconia- An outdoor restaurant and bar serving a variety of fun and creative dishes and drinks. Located at Weirs Beach which is a great place to stroll and relax.
- Tilton House of Pizza, in Tilton, NH, is great for those nights when you just feel like picking up takeout and relaxing. You can also dine in and grab a quick beer or glass of wine with a friend.
- Mill Falls at the Lake in Meredith – Collection of eight restaurants on the site of a large resort. High-End dining to fast food in a casual lakefront setting.
- The Lobster Connection, in Belmont, NH, is a great old-school lobster shack, where you can get that true New England lobster experience. It is within walking distance to the Inn and offers the freshest lobster and seafood around. The lobster rolls are particularly popular! Only open in summer
- Walter’s Basin, in Holderness, NH is one of the few places you can sit on the water. Has a delightful and surprising menu including elk meatloaf and is the perfect place to eat after an Experience Squam boat ride or a visit to the Squam Lake Natural Science Center.
- Greenside Restaurant, in Tilton – Come experience the #1 new Hampshire chef, Dave Fraser, amazing Dinner and Brunch menus!
- Harts Turkey Farm, in Meredith – Thanksgiving year-round and more American eats in sprawling digs with a rustic tavern and a gift shop.
- Winnisquam Country Store & Deli, in Winnisquam – Great sandwiches and you can drive right up in your bota!
- O Steaks & Seafood, in Laconia, NH – Time-honored steak house delicacies as well as innovative and reimagined menu items, exquisite desserts and more than 24 wines by the glass.