From wineries to motor speedways, attractions abound in this region of New Hampshire
Whether you’re here with family or looking for that romantic getaway, a stay at the Lake House at Ferry Point coupled with any of the attractions below makes for a great vacation!
- Hermit Woods Winery, Meredith NH – This is a small boutique winery located in just 24 miles from the Lake House in Meredith, New Hampshire. Makers of a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional wines that are sure to tantalize your taste buds. The tasting room is open on weekends from 11:00 to 5:00 from May 26 to November 3, and 1:00 to 5:00 Wednesday – Friday in July and August. Tastings at Hermit Woods are both enjoyable and educational. The people who make the wine will serve you and share their knowledge about the wine and the wine making process.
- Castle in the Clouds, Moultonboro, NH – This mansion museum is in a wilderness setting that offers spectacular views of Lake Winnipesaukee and the mountains. At Castle in the Clouds, you may enjoy leisurely strolls in the gardens, exploring the waterfalls, feeding giant trout in Shannon’s Pond and lunching at their Carriage House Café.
- Meadowbrook Music Center, Gilford, NH – The Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion at Meadowbrook is located on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee and serves as a fabulous concert venue. This year they have Lady Antebellum, One Republic, Luke Bryan, Patti Labelle, and many more.
- New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon, NH – The speedway is located on about 1,100 acres and is the largest sports facility in New England. The venue hosts several NASCAR races and conducts racing schools year-round.
- Laconia Motorcycle Week, Laconia, NH – This motorcycle rally is held annually in Laconia, NH. The rally includes races, shows, competitions and music. Laconia Motorcycle week is an event in June and it officially ends on Father’s Day.
- Gunstock Mountain Resort, Gilford, NH – Gunstock Mountain Resort offers year-round activities. Ask about our 25% off vouchers for the Summer Adventure Packages! During the winter months, you can expect skiing, snowshoeing and tubing. Spring at Gunstock brings camping, hiking and biking. The Lakes Region thrives during the summer and, during this season, you can find zip lines, the mountain coaster, lift rides and a calendar full of summer events. If you are visiting in the fall, you will enjoy the colorful foliage, camping, hiking, biking and a haunted hayride.
- Winnipesaukee Playhouse, Meredith, NH – This award-winning playhouse is the home to over 50 plays. The non-profit organization provides a cultural experience in theater and the performing arts for the community. The theatrical environment is an educational and artistic treasure. 2014 performances include An Evening With Mark Twain, Donovan’s Brain, and Don’t Drink the Water.
- Great Waters Music Festival, Wolfeboro, NH – For 17 years, the music festival has been offering a broad musical variety. Performances are held at the gorgeous Kingswood Arts Center. The summer festival includes live musical performances of all types of music and has something for everyone.
- Mt. Washington Cog Railway – Enjoy panoramic views from the summit of Mount Washington. The Mt. Washington Cog Railway takes passengers up the steepest railway in North America. From the peak of Mount Washington, you will be able to see the mountains and valleys of New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont and Canada.
- Flume Gorge and Visitor Center – Your trip to the Flume Gorge will be full of exercise and nature. Guests can either walk just through the Gorge or walk a two-mile loop. Sightseeing points along the two-mile look include the flume covered bridge, Avalanche Falls and Liberty Gorge.
- Franconia Notch – Franconia Notch State Park offers an assortment of activities such as camping, swimming, hiking, picnicking, fishing, boating, biking, skiing/snowboarding, cross country skiing and snowmobiling. Bike and boat rentals are available.
- Lost River Gorge and Boulder Caves – View land that was shaped by massive glaciers. Take a journey back in time as you explore the boulder caves, walk the boardwalk and discover rock and boulder formations.
- White Mountain National Forest – There is something for everyone at White Mountain National Forest. Guests can take a scenic drive through the park, view several historic 19th century buildings, or become one with nature with a hike through beautiful foliage.
- Squam Lakes Natural Science Center – Take a boat tour of Squam Lakes and learn about the wildlife, such as the Loons and Bald Eagles. On your tour, you will view locations where On Golden Pond was filmed. You can also spend time attending a variety of exhibits and walking through the beautiful Kirkwood Gardens at the Science Center.
- The Loon Center – The Loon Center is a visitor center that is open to the public with no admission fee. The displays and exhibits at the center will give visitors a wonderful introduction to loons and other wildlife found in New Hampshire.
- Mount Major Hiking Trials – Climb up to this mountain’s scenic, rocky summit. It is a popular hiking destination, accessible by multiple trails including the Mount Major Trail, the Brook Trail, and the Boulder Loop. The hike should take about an hour and one half to get to the top.
- Winnisquam Trail – A scenic and picturesque route that hikers and nature enthusiasts alike love. It offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape, with lush greenery and rolling hills stretching out as far as the eye can see. With a variety of different paths and trails to explore, there is something for everyone, from beginners to experienced hikers
- Experience Squam Boat Tours – This is your opportunity to take a private guided tour of Squam Lake. Cindy O’Leary, a friend of the Lake House at Ferry Point, will welcome you aboard her 23′ Sea Ray Bow-Rider for a boat ride you have to experience to appreciate. Tour historic Church Island, stroll along the Chamberlain Reynolds boarded swamp walk, or see sights from the filming of “on Golden Pond.” You can also swim, or just enjoy the ride. Whatever you choose, you will have a wonderful, memorable time!