Lake Winnipesaukee beckons vacationers to its shimmering shores year after year. This grand New Hampshire lake has been an idyllic destination for over 100 years and remains a favorite today. With over 170 miles of shoreline, the 44,586 acres lake invites visitors to enjoy all the fun activities on and around it. It’s no surprise that boating is a popular attraction, whether on a fancy dinner cruise or simply exploring the many islands in a kayak. Quaint towns dot the shoreline and offer great dining and shopping. While Weirs Beach has all the fun vacation entertainment and activities one expects on a carefree getaway. However, no Lakes Region stay is complete without exploring the wonderful hiking trails that surround Lake Winnipesaukee. Enjoy summit views of the stunning lake and distant mountain ranges. It will take your breath away!
After exploring the boat cruises, dining, shopping and activities on Lake Winnipesaukee, return to your quiet retreat on nearby Lake Winnisquam. The Lake House at Ferry Point Inn is the only lakefront Bed and Breakfast in the Lakes Region. Our classic New England Inn is a welcome escape from the busy towns on Lake Winnipesaukee, yet still close to all the attractions. Wake each morning to serene lake views and an excellent, homemade breakfast. Book your elegant guest suite at The Lake House at Ferry Point Inn for your perfect getaway in 2020.
5 Best Things To Do Around Lake Winnipesaukee
Lake Winnipesaukee is one of the oldest vacation destinations in the country and remains beloved by new and returning visitors to this day. The gorgeous lake offers everything needed for a wonderful getaway in any season. Discover the fun and relaxing attractions on and around Lake Winnipesaukee:
- Boat Cruises – The impressive lake is a boating paradise and there are many ways to enjoy your time on its waters. Taking a scenic cruise on the M/S Mount Washington is one of the most relaxing and beautiful rides to enjoy on Lake Winnipesaukee. Choose from simple site seeing trips to fancy dinner and dancing cruises offered by Mount Washington Cruises. While the Millie B Antique Boat Rides are smaller, the 28-foot, mahogany boat is a classy, comfortable way to cruise the lake. The EKAL Activity Center at Mill Falls also offers guided boat tour, but adventurers can rent a boat to explore the lake on their own.
- Great Restaurants – Find a wide range of wonderful restaurants, bars, bistros, diners, cafe’s, and farm stands in the Lakes Region. All serve farm fresh dishes and amazing local seafood as well. For the very best modern American food visit La Boca Restaurant for excellent seafood and cocktails. Their lobster risotto is to die for and will tempt you back for more! For even more incredible seafood grab a seat on Morrisey’s Front Porch. Slide into one of their cozy booths and enjoy fresh lobster, or a bowl of their award winning haddock stew or chili. Nothing beats Wolfeboro Dockside Grille for casual summer dining with beautiful views of Wolfeboro Harbor. Shibley’s at the Pier overlooks lovely Lake Winnipesaukee and serves tasty american dishes with many seafood and salad options. Savor an elegant, creative meal at Laconia Local Eatery, the area’s best farm-to-table restaurant.
- Wonderful Shopping – Enjoy sales tax-free shopping at all the quaint New England style gift shops, antique centers and galleries while strolling the small towns around Lake Winnipesaukee. Mill Falls Marketplace has 11 shops and 5 restaurants all under one roof, with lovely flower gardens, a 40′ waterfall and views of Lake Winnipesaukee. In addition to all the unique shops, the Lakes Region also has the Tanger Outlet Center with more than 50 big name department stores. You’re sure to find a wonderful gift for your loved one or the perfect souvenir for yourself.
- Weirs Beach – This popular beach on Lake Winnipesaukee serves as the hub of vacation fun, games and activities in the Lakes Region. Spend an exciting day walking the 1300 foot long boardwalk with amazing mountain and lake views. Visitors flock here for the fun restaurants, mini golf, arcades, cruises, train rides, and firework shows all summer long. One of the world’s largest arcades, Funspot, offers 300 classic arcade games, a 20 lane bowling center, cash bingo, indoor mini-golf, a restaurant and a tavern. For a thrilling outdoor adventure navigate the 9 ziplines at Monkey Trunks and glide through the trees as high as 60 feet off the ground! Then snuggle up with your sweetie at a good old-fashioned movie night at Weirs Drive-in Theater during the spring and summer months.
- Spectacular Hiking – It’s impossible to list all the amazing hikes around Lake Winnipesaukee and it’s one of the most popular activities. Castle in the Clouds is a great place to start with over 28 miles of hiking trails. Some paths run along cascading waterfalls and lead to the impressive Falls of Song. While other more challenging hikes lead to amazing views of the Ossipee Mountains. The 5,500 acres also serves as a great Nordic skiing and snowshoeing area in the winter. They even offer magical horseback trail rides with the most gentle animals, ideal for beginners. For a perfect half day hike, climb up to Mount Major scenic overlook with spectacular panoramic views of Lake Winnipesaukee. Some great short hikes that offer great views from their fire-watch towers are Belknap Mountain and the Abenaki Tower. Bald Knob also makes a nice day hike and is only 4 miles round trip. Its rocky outcrop rewards hikers with sweeping views of Lake Winnipesaukee and distant mountains.
Enjoy a serene, peaceful stay at The Lake House at Ferry Point Inn that’s also close to all the Lake Winnipesaukee attractions. Start your new year off right and plan the perfect getaway to the Lakes Region in 2020. Reserve your beautiful room at our tranquil bed and breakfast hideaway on the shores of Lake Winnisquam.