Gunstock Mountain offers the best recreation for your winter vacation to the Lakes Region in New Hampshire. Enjoy breathtaking views of Lake Winnipesaukee while hitting the slopes. With over 200 acres of skiing and snowboarding on 55 trails, it’s the perfect place for beginners to experts. This major ski area also includes 32 miles of cross country trails, in addition to fat-tire bike and snowshoeing trails. Feel like a kid playing in the snow riding their thrilling tubing runs and mountain coaster. Gunstock Mountain has everything needed for an exciting day on the slopes. Their energy efficient and high capacity snowmaking guarantees great conditions on the trails. While the full-service rental shop will have you equipped and on the slopes in a flash. Refuel between runs at one of the four restaurants on the mountain. Stop in for a quick bite or linger over delicious comfort food and a drink at the Powder Keg Restaurant, Pistol Pub or Stockade Lodge.
A winter getaway to New Hampshire not only includes Gunstock Mountain, but all the great dining and entertainment found in the Lakes Region. Fill your days with your favorite snowy recreation at a premier ski area, and your evenings dining at a romantic restaurant. Close to all the Lakes Region attractions and only a 20 minute drive to Gunstock Mountain, stay at the serene Lake House at Ferry Point Inn. We’re the only lakefront bed and breakfast in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region. Our beautiful grounds, with idyllic views of Lake Winnisquam, is lovely in any season. Our classic New England inn invites guest to cozy up by the fire after a thrilling day on the slopes. After a perfect night’s sleep in your elegant guest suite, wake to a hearty gourmet breakfast that will have you ready for another day of excitement on Gunstock Mountain. Plan a couple’s getaway this winter to the Lakes Region at our relaxing landside retreat.
5 Awesome Activities on Gunstock Mountain
- Lessons – Generations of skiers, going back to the 1930’s, learned on Gunstock Mountain. That tradition of excellent beginner and advanced lessons continues today. Expert Nordic skiers even have an amazing opportunity to learn from 3-time Olympic Gold Medalist, Nina Gavriljuk. Strengthening muscles and staying limber improves your performance, so start your day at a Yurt Yoga class. The Gunstock Mountain yoga instructors guide students of all levels through a traditional Hatha yoga practice.
- Night Sessions – When other mountains are closing for the day, things are just getting started at Gunstock Mountain. The all-inclusive night sessions offer 22 well-lit trails, 5 lifts, a great terrain park, mountain coaster and tubing. While the evening snowshoe ridge tour takes you on an adventure under the stars and away from the crowds.
- Snow Tubing – Fly down New Hampshire’s largest tubing run. Sit back in your tube as the lift pulls you up 1,068 feet then slide down one of the 6 chutes to the bottom again. A 2-hour tubing session also includes unlimited rides on the mountain coaster.
- Mountain Coaster – Take a thrilling ride, swooping through the forest with sharp banking corners, rolling drops and 360° turns on the mountainside coaster. The two-person carts on twin, stainless steel rails offers a 6 minute ride that’s 4,100 feet long, reaching speeds of up to 25 mph. However each cart has its own braking system, so you control the speed once the cart disengages, and gravity takes over.
- Freestyle Ski & Snowboard Parks – Gunstock Mountain has several options for those learning or perfecting their freestyle moves. Start in the Terrain Based Learning area and try berms and banked turns. Then move up to the Pistol Park for more advanced moves. While the 12 acres of Blundersmoke Park offer a wide variety of elements to try out and plenty of room to practice your latest tricks.
The Lakes Region has everything you need for a romantic and adventure-filled winter getaway. Return each day to your tranquil retreat at the Lake House at Ferry Point Inn Bed and Breakfast after a day on the slopes. Reserve your beautiful guest suite with us today and dream of the perfect vacation in the lovely New England snow.