There is an incredible range of things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire‚—any time of year you visit—but the crisp, cool autumn months are especially magical. We’re on the cusp of the emerging New Hampshire fall colors when the air feels fresh and crisp but still paired with sunny days. This is the optimal weather for hikes, quiet paddles on the lakes, stunning scenic drives, and otherwise relaxing in the lakefront beauty of our bed and breakfast in Laconia.
The New Hampshire fall colors are some of the most beautiful in the nation! The lush green hillsides quickly change into a spectacular display of red, orange, and yellow hues, creating a breathtaking sight. It’s an experience that everyone should witness at least once in their lifetime. The scenery is picturesque, and the vibrant colors of the leaves are breathtaking. The natural beauty is everywhere and is sure to leave you in awe.
The only thing that makes viewing the New Hampshire fall colors even better is a getaway to the best bed and breakfast in Laconia, Lake House at Ferry Point. Our elegant Inn is directly on the shores of Lake Winnisquam, surrounded by forests, getting ready to shed their greens for fiery and golden hues. Our nine guest rooms are beautifully appointed with everything you need for a romantic getaway, couple’s trip, or solo retreat. Look ahead to fall, and make your reservations today!
The Best Places to Witness the New Hampshire Fall Colors
Our bed and breakfast in Laconia isn’t very far from top-rated New Hampshire fall color destinations, including Franconia Notch State Park in the White Mountains and Gunstock Mountain Resort. After soaking in as much of this gorgeous foliage as possible, you’ll love returning to our romantic bed and breakfast for some relaxation.
- The Most Scenic Drives: One of the best ways to appreciate the beauty of autumn in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire is by taking a scenic driving tour. It’s a timeless activity we love, whether you explore the lakes or venture up into the mountains on either the Kancamagus Highway or Mt. Washington Auto Road.
- Climb Aboard the Scenic Railroad: The historic Lake Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad takes you on a picturesque journey along the shoreline, showcasing beautiful resort homes. Meanwhile, The Hobo Railroad offers roundtrip rides lasting 80 minutes, where you can enjoy the breathtaking views of the Pemigewasset River. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the region’s beauty without any hassle.
- Take a Hike: Hiking amidst the New Hampshire Fall colors is one of the most popular ways to take in this splendor. There are many hikes in this area, and you will indeed find one or more for your skill level. We suggest checking out Franconia Notch State Park and Gunstock Mountain Resort.
- Fall Farm Adventures: Experience fall bounty with hot apple cider, pumpkins, and classic autumn activities. Head to Moulton Farm in Meredith, Beans & Greens Farm in Gilford, or Stone Brook Hill Farm.
- Castle in the Clouds: This mountaintop estate sits on 5,000 stunning acres of forests with trails, waterfalls, and gardens to explore. It’s a fantastic place to take in the beautiful New Hampshire Fall colors.
- Book a Tee Time: Golfing is still one of the best things to do in the Lakes Region in autumn, and you’ll take in the New Hampshire fall colors right from the links. These gorgeous courses overlook the lakes and mountains, including Kingswood Golf Club, Lochmere Golf and Country Club, and Oak Hill Golf Course.
- Cruise on the Lake: Taking a cruise or boat tour is a must of things to do in the lakes region of New Hampshire, especially when you hop aboard the historic M/S Mount Washington Cruises out of Weirs Beach. Or check out the 90-minute Squam Lake Cruise for a lovely day on the lake!
- Paddle Your Own Vessel: Kayaking on the water is an excellent choice of things to do in the Lakes Region. You’ll enjoy the same gorgeous water views as the cruises but far more quiet solitude.
- Brewery or Winery Tours: Stopping in at a brewery or winery is a great way to refresh and slow down when you have many things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. Consider stops like the Sap House Meadery or Twin Barns Brewing Company.
- Relaxing on our Peaceful Grounds: As the best bed and breakfast in Laconia, you won’t have to go far to take in the vibrant New Hampshire fall colors. Stroll our beautiful grounds, find a seat by the lake, and let the quiet wash over you.
The Best Bed and Breakfast in Laconia for Fall Getaways
Looking for a comfortable and luxurious place to stay while enjoying the beauty of the Lakes Region of New Hampshire this fall? We happen to know of the best bed and breakfast in Laconia that offers the perfect getaway for those seeking a romantic and unforgettable experience. Wake up to the tranquil sounds of nature and indulge in a delicious breakfast while taking in the stunning views of Lake Winnisquam and the vibrant New Hampshire Fall colors of the surrounding mountains.
Our nine charming guest rooms and one private two-story attached guest house offer such a lovely home base for exploring the best places to see the stunning New Hampshire Fall colors. Our rooms reflect the peaceful beauty of the area, and each is a tranquil retreat set up with your ultimate comfort in mind. Some of our rooms offer jacuzzi tubs, while others provide an expansive view of Lake Winnisquam.
From our luxurious location on the lake, warm and welcoming hospitality, and wonderful home-cooked meals, you’ll feel pampered and taken care of during your stay. Don’t miss out on one of the top romantic getaways in New Hampshire at the best bed and breakfast in Laconia—book your stay today!