Lake Winnipesaukee is the largest lake in the state of New Hampshire and is such a natural gem! Nestled in the White Mountains, the sparkling blue waters surrounded by stunning forests are as picturesque as it gets. With over 170 miles of shoreline, the more than 40,000-acre lake is the perfect place for visitors (and locals) to enjoy all the best activities on the water and surrounding areas.
It should come as no surprise that boating is the most popular attraction on Lake Winnipesaukee, whether on an elegant dinner cruise or exploring the beautiful inlets and islands by kayak. A well-known destination on the lake is Weirs Beach in Laconia, with a classic shoreline boardwalk with arcades, waterslides, and a seasonal old-school drive-in theater. This is just the very beginning of things to do on Lake Winnipesaukee!
While Lake Winnipesaukee is a fantastic place to spend a day, you’ll want to retreat to the quieter shores of Lake Winnisquam for your overnight lodging—and our waterfront New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast is one of the most peaceful places to stay. Our location is still close enough to all of the best attractions and activities, but when you’re back at the Inn, you’ll feel a world away from all of the hustle and bustle of the busy tourist areas. Reserve your room today!
The Best Summer & Fall Activities on Lake Winnipesaukee
Lake Winnipesaukee is one of the oldest vacation destinations in the country and remains beloved by new and returning visitors to this day. The gorgeous lake offers everything needed for a wonderful getaway in any season. Discover the fun and relaxing attractions on and around New Hampshire’s largest lake.
Here are six things to do on Lake Winnipesaukee this summer and fall:
- Tour with Mount Washington Cruises: This iconic cruise company has a three-vessel fleet that treats visitors to an array of trips. Take an afternoon scenic cruise, discover a lovely town, or dance the night away on a dinner cruise. There’s something for everyone, all with panoramic lake and mountain views. All scenic day tours are two and a half hours long and, depending on the season, have three different route choices. Cruises depart from Weirs Beach.
- Take a Ride with the Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad: For those who may prefer to see this scenic lake from a distance, this classic train ride takes you along the lake’s edges on an old-fashioned train car. Pack a picnic to bring on board! Autumn is a particularly beautiful time as the trees change from greens to bright fiery hues.
- Head to Weirs Beach: This popular tourist hub is an excellent location in Laconia to step back in time and lean into the nostalgia of summers as a child. The wooden boardwalk is perfect for a stroll and connects visitors to all the activities, including the Funspot Arcade, restaurants, mini golf, cruises, train rides, and firework shows all summer.
- Kayaking & Canoeing on the Water: As a guest at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast, you’ll have access to our kayaks for use on Lake Winnisquam, but for those who want to explore the vast Lake Winnipesaukee you’ll find plenty of boat rental options. Check out the options at the EKAL Activity Center and SUP-NH Paddleboard Rentals.
- Lakefront Dining & Drinks: You’ll find a wide range of world-class restaurants, bars, nightclubs, diners, and cafes on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee. A few of our favorites are in Laconia, NH, including the Local Eatery, O’Steaks & Seafood, and Fratello’s Italian Grille. Also, there’s a new restaurant on the neighboring lake, Dox on Winnisquam that you don’t want to miss!
- Shopping at Mill’s Falls Marketplace: Explore this open-air shopping center with a great selection of shops and restaurants all under one roof, with lovely flower gardens, a 40′ waterfall, and views of Lake Winnipesaukee.
As a guest at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast, we’re always happy to help with reservations or offer personalized recommendations during your stay. A day out exploring Lake Winnipesaukee is bound to be a lovely addition to any getaway!
Beautiful Lakefront Lodging at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast
The Lake House at Ferry Point, located in the beautiful Lakes Region, is not just the only lakefront New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast in the area, but it also has a long-standing reputation for excellence. We pay special attention to every detail of your stay to ensure you leave feeling relaxed and renewed. Our ten elegant guest rooms are the perfect haven to do just that!
We’re situated on Lake Winnisquam’s quiet, tranquil shores, which is much more serene than our busier and more well-known neighbor, Lake Winnipesaukee. We offer kayaks for guests staying with us, allowing you to get out and enjoy the beautiful waters of the Lakes Region without the crowds. We also have a lovely sandy beach in front of the Inn, perfect for swimming on warm summer days. We’ll also treat you to a delicious breakfast each morning of your stay, the best way to start your adventure.
If you are searching for a comfortable place to relax and spend quality time with your partner, or seeking thrilling activities to enjoy together, our lakefront New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast has you covered—you can find the perfect combination of both here! Start planning your next getaway and book your lodging today!