For those seeking an adventurous getaway, look no further than the stunning Mount Major hiking trails in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region. This hidden gem offers an array of beautiful routes, catering to both thrill-seeking travelers and couples in search of a unique bonding experience. Located about a half hour from Laconia this lovely wilderness area is even more beautiful in the fall, as the striking autumnal hues canvass the landscape.
The Mount Major hiking trails in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region are the perfect routes to stretch your legs and explore, especially during the captivating fall season. From challenging ascents to leisurely paths to beautiful sunrises and sunsets or even stargazing under the vast night sky, there are endless opportunities to soak up the fresh air and stunning scenery.
As you venture along the Mount Major Main Trail, the Brook Trail, or the Blue Trail, let the rugged beauty of the landscape set the tone for your next getaway. But first, you’ll want to get your lodging on the books, and our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast is the perfect location to relax and refresh. You’ll love our cozy accommodations, captivating lake views, and an ambiance tailor-made for couples. Imagine returning from an invigorating hike to savor the warm embrace of your partner amidst the backdrop of a serene lake. Book your room at Lake House at Ferry Point today!
Exploring Nature’s Best: Mount Major Hiking Trails & More
Getting out into the stunning wilderness of New Hampshire’s Lakes Region is practically a must during a vacation here—and the Mount Major hiking trails are a great place to start. Located about 30 minutes from our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast, you’ll have a lovely scenic drive on your way there, and it’s the perfect amount of time to decompress on your way back.
Here are the best Mount Major hiking trails and other hiking trails nearby:
- Mount Major Main Trail: This iconic 3.6-mile loop trail through the Mount Major State Forest is suitable for hikers of all skill levels and offers spectacular views and a sense of achievement upon reaching the summit. This is one of the best Mount Major hiking trails to add to your itinerary! The hike up to the top of Mount Major is short but spectacular. It’s one of the most popular hikes in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region and for a good reason.
- Brook Trail: Connecting to the Main Trail, this is one of the best Mount Major hiking trails for birdwatching in the fall and snowshoeing in the wintertime. You’ll love exploring this 3.8-mile loop trail near Alton, New Hampshire.
- Boulder Loop Trail: Follow the markers from orange to blue on this 2.9-mile loop trail near Alton Bay, New Hampshire. This is one of the Mount Major hiking trails ranked moderately challenging.
- Artist’s Bluff Trail: There’s a lovely selection of hiking trails in Franconia Notch State Park. One of the most popular routes is the Artist’s Bluff Trail. It’s only 1.5 miles, but it’s considered moderately challenging for its incline and elevation gain.
- Franconia Ridge Loop: For those thrill-seekings looking to break a sweat, this long 8.6-mile loop trail near Lincoln, New Hampshire, is such a treat! Beginning near the Lafayette Campground in Franconia Notch State Park, this great hike offers some of the best views in New England. Be ready for your legs to be worn out, as there are three peaks to climb with more than 3,800 elevation gain throughout.
- Mount Washington Loop: Located in the heart of the White Mountains National Forest, this lengthy trial is worth the effort for its picturesque and scenic overlooks and vantage points. This trail is for experienced hikers only!
Relax & Refresh at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast
Pack your sense of adventure, your hiking boots, and most importantly, your love, and embark on an unforgettable journey through the Mount Major hiking trails. Fall in love all over again amidst the natural wonders of the Lakes Region, and make your stay at Lake House at Ferry Point, one of the best New Hampshire Bed and Breakfasts, the cornerstone of your romantic escape.
Our beautifully appointed guest rooms will be your luxurious home away from home, with big, comfortable beds, pristine en suite bathrooms, cozy seating areas, and so much more. Each morning, join us in the dining room for a delectable breakfast service, always served with piping hot coffee, fresh juice, fruit, and sweet and savory courses.
Depending on the weather, we have a long list of complimentary perks of lodging with us. We have two one-person kayaks and one two-person kayak for our guests to use out on the calm waters of Lake Winnisquam. You won’t have to go far to enjoy the best things to do in Lakes Region! We can’t wait to host you on your next adventure! Book your room at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today.