Our romantic bed and breakfast in New Hampshire on Lake Winnisquam is one of the best places to stay this winter. Not only is the Lakes Region packed with cold-weather adventures and fun activities, but you’ll have such a cozy space to warm up in after your big days out in the snow. Or for those who prefer a little downtime during their getaways, our bed and breakfast in New Hampshire is the perfect setting to reconnect, relish each other’s time, and relax.
The Lake House at Ferry Point offers the perfect blend of luxurious accommodations and the quiet, nature-focused respite you crave. The nearby town of Laconia, NH, is only about ten minutes away, situated between Lake Winnisquam and Lake Winnipesaukee, where you’ll find a long list of exciting things to do in the wintertime. After just one visit here, we have no doubt our Inn will become your favorite place for special occasions and well-deserved getaways!
When you’re done playing in the snow and exploring all of the best things to do in New Hampshire, we’ll be awaiting your return. Our experienced Innkeepers have thought of everything—beautiful breakfasts each morning, artfully appointed guest rooms with immaculately clean en suite baths, and the warmest hospitality in New England. You’ll quickly see why our guests return year after year to sit back, relax, and take in these stunning views of Lake Winnisquam. Book your room at our bed and breakfast in New Hampshire today!
The Most Romantic Bed and Breakfast in New Hampshire
Regarding cozy winter escapes, our bed and breakfast in New Hampshire is the best place to retreat. We’re just minutes from the top attractions in the area, including the charming town of Laconia, NH, and Gunstock Mountain. Whatever you need during your getaway, our accommodations are set up with your ultimate comfort in mind. Be sure to join us for a wholesome breakfast and hot coffee before setting out!
Here are five reasons why our Bed and Breakfast in New Hampshire is the best place for a winter getaway:
- Stunning Location on Lake Winnisquam: Our luxury lakefront Bed and Breakfast in New Hampshire is in the ideal location. Our Inn is nestled on the shores of Lake Winnisquam, just minutes from downtown Laconia, NH. Surround yourself with the sound of the water lapping up on land, views of incredible sunrises and sunsets, and places on the property to sit and take it all in. You won’t find this anywhere else.
- Romantic Guest Accommodations: Our guest rooms at our bed and breakfast in New Hampshire are beautifully appointed and elegant spaces to unwind. Each room is thoughtfully decorated and outfitted with a broad range of modern amenities to help you thoroughly enjoy your time with us.
- Included Perks: With so many amenities to enjoy while you’re here, including beach access and complimentary kayaks, there’s little reason to leave our property if you don’t want to! Inside, you’ll find plenty of cozy spaces to curl up and relax, a library filled with great books, and a game table ready to set up a game of chess, checkers, or other board games.
- A Home-Cooked Breakfast: The best part of your day will surely be the hearty breakfast we cook for you each morning of your stay. We support local farmers and use fresh ingredients in all our recipes, which often change to include quiches, casseroles, blueberry surprise french toast, and breakfast banana splits.
- Nearby Attractions: Another great reason we are an ideal getaway in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region is that we are located near many of the top things to do in the Lakes Region, including hikes, waterfalls, skiing, boating, wineries, and so much more. Be sure to ask your warm and welcoming innkeepers at our bed and breakfast in New Hampshire for personalized recommendations.
The Best Things to Do in New Hampshire this Winter
New Hampshire is truly a nature lovers paradise in all four seasons. Springtime is a time to refresh with wildflower hikes and new starts; Summers are for kayaking, swimming, and sunny days on the beach; fall brings the most spectacular colorful foliage in the country, and winter is all about snow, warm fires, skiing, and hot cocoa.
For those joining us at our bed and breakfast in New Hampshire for a winter getaway, here are the best things to do nearby:
- Snowmobiling: Heading out on the 100-plus miles of groomed trails in the area on a snowmobile is such a thrilling winter adventure. The Franconia Notch State Park Recreational Trail is among the most popular NH snowmobile trails.
- Skiing at Gunstock Mountain Resort: The closest ski resort to our Inn is Gunstock Mountain Resort, with 227 skiable acres and 49 designated trails, varying in difficulty from green to double black.
- Cross-Coutry Skiing and Snowshoe Hikes: Countless cross-country ski and snowshoeing trails can be enjoyed in the area. The courses at Loon Center and Markus Wildlife Sanctuary are popular, as are the trails at Gunstock Mountain Resort.
- Dog Sledding: For a unique outing in New Hampshire, the New England Sled Dog Club has several race events in January and February. The World Championship Dog Sled Derby is in February each year in Laconia and will be an unforgettable experience.
- Lovely & Local Dining: Enjoying a romantic dinner together is a must on your romantic getaways! We suggest Dox on Winnisquam for elegant and comforting meals, as well as the Local Eatery, O’Steaks & Seafood, and Fratello’s Italian Grille. Head to our blog for a complete list of the best restaurants in the area.
This is just a handful of the great things to do in New Hampshire this winter. As a guest at our romantic bed and breakfast in New Hampshire, you may just want to spend the days on our beautiful lakefront property, especailly cozy with a fresh blanket of newly fallen snow! We can’t wait to welcome you to the gorgeous shores of Lake Winnisquam. Plan ahead for your next romantic winter getaway, check out our upcoming availability, and reserve your room today!