For some of the best skiing in New Hampshire, you’ll want to head to Gunstock Mountain Resort this winter. They offer a host of fun cold-weather activities, from downhill alpine and cross-country skiing to snow tubing and exciting terrain parks. The average annual snowfall is 120 inches, though even if mother nature isn’t cooperating, there are state-of-the-art snowmaking machines at Gunstock Mountain Resort as well.
Ski season starts in December, but it’s always a good idea to get your lift ticket early, as well as your lodging. Thankfully, our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast is just a quick 20-minute drive from Gunstock Mountain Resort. Our beautiful Inn, perched directly on the shores of Lake Winnisquam, is the ultimate place to make your home base for a ski-focused getaway. You’ll love retreating back to your cozy guest suite after a long day on the slopes!
Gear up for Skiing at Gunstock Mountain Resort
For those heading to Gunstock Mountain Resort for downhill skiing, the most popular pastime in the winter, here’s what you’ll need to know before you go:
- By the numbers, there are 227 skiable acres with 49 designated trails, varying in difficulty from green to double black. You’ll find a summit elevation of 2,267 feet with a thrilling 1,340-foot vertical drop. The trails are accessed by seven chair lifts, a mix of quads, triples, and carpets.
- There are 22 ski trails open for the popular evening pastime of night skiing. Flying down the slopes under the moonlight really is a magical experience. The runs are well-lit and suitable for beginners to expert riders.
- If you’re a beginner just getting your ski legs, there are great options for lessons at Gunstock Mountain Resort. Join one of the classes or book private lessons with one of their experienced guides.
- For those interested in a slower-paced winter activity, the cross-country outdoor center is the place to do it! There are more than 27 kilometers of groomed trails for Nordic skiing opportunities, and they also offer guided tours on the Snowshoe ridge and lessons.
- The multi-lane snow tubing hill is fun for guests of all ages. The lanes are all well-groomed for the smoothest ride, and let the magic carpet pull you back up, one of the easiest ways to enjoy the snow!
- Fat tire bikes are another fun way to explore wintertime at Gunstock Mountain Resort. Bike riders are allowed to use the cross-country trails at the outdoor center.
- The terrain parks at Gunstock offer small, medium, and large features for all experience levels to try their hand at maneuvering these ramps and rails. Blundersmoke is known as the “signature park” experience, and it’s also the largest night park in New England.
- The 2022/2023 lift tickets are on sale now. Be sure to grab these ahead of time and get ready to hit the slopes!
Lovely Lodging at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast
Lake House at Ferry Point Inn is an oasis of calm on the shores of Lake Winnisquam. You’ll love the stunning water views from our property framed by the windows of your guest room. The Lake Solitude Suite (pictured above) is an exquisite example of our available lodging accommodations. This two-story attached house is filled with light, comfortable seating, modern amenities, and fantastic sleeping arrangements for up to five people.
In the main house, you’ll find nine traditional bed-and-breakfast suites, all equipped with everything you’ll need for a restful stay. Before you head out to hit the slopes at Gunstock Mountain, be sure to join us for a delicious morning meal, home-cooked and creative, and always paired with a piping hot cup of coffee. We can’t wait to host you this winter in New Hampshire! Book your stay today.