There is a truly incredible range of things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire, no matter the time of year you visit, but the crisp, cool autumn months are especially magical. New Hampshire fall foliage is out in force, the air feels fresh and crisp, and yet days can still be full of sunshine, leaving you hours to take hikes, enjoy a quiet paddle on the lakes, savor the beauty on scenic drives, and otherwise relax in the lakefront beauty of our New Hampshire getaway.
The Lakes Region of New Hampshire is the fall vacation destination of your dreams! Along with pristine bodies of water, there are lovely, rustic, and homey lakeside towns to discover, as well as miles of hiking, biking, and boating to enjoy and much more! In short, you’ll never run out of things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire.
That’s true as we get further into fall, too. As the vibrant foliage begins to fade, you’ll continue to feel the excitement building because it means that ski season and a gorgeous blanket of snow for all those winter activities you love aren’t too far away. Once that happens, there is nowhere more romantic to stay than the Lake House at Ferry Point, the most romantic New Hampshire getaway.
Set on the shores of Lake Winnisquam, this tranquil setting is the perfect spot to unwind, relax, and enjoy some quiet time with your sweetheart. Our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast feels like a secluded lakehouse but is located near all the attractions and activities you love in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. If you want to escape to the best place to enjoy the Lakes Region this fall, book your stay at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today!
Fun Things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire
The Lakes Region of New Hampshire is considered a gem of the northeast by tourists and locals alike. This majestic landscape transforms in the autumn, and new opportunities to explore arise. There are numerous lakes, ponds, and bays surrounded by unique towns and villages, each with its charm and offering visitors plenty of things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire.
The Lakes Region is also home to two small mountain ranges that are perfect for outdoor pursuits. There are endless activities to pursue in this New England wonderland. Here are our ten favorite things to do in the Lakes Region this fall!
- Going on a scenic driving tour is a classic way to enjoy the majesty of autumn and is one of our favorite things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. Enjoy driving around the lakes themselves, or head up into the mountains on the stunning Kancamagus Highway or the beautiful Mt. Washington Auto Road.
- Sit back and enjoy breathtaking views on one of many scenic and historic railways, one of the most beautiful things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire in the fall. The Lake Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad travels along the shore past beautiful resort homes, and The Hobo Railroad offers 80 -minute roundtrip rides along the scenic Pemigewasset River.
- Visiting one or multiple farms while you are here is a must-do of things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire! Consider Moulton Farm in Meredith, Beans and Greens Farm in Gilford, or Stone Brook Hill Farm.
- A day at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center will be fun and educational! This environmental learning center features hiking trails, lake cruises, and gardens to explore.
- Golfing is still one of the best things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire throughout the fall. This area is home to gorgeous courses overlooking the lakes and mountains, including Kingswood Golf Club, Lochmere Golf and Country Club, and Oak Hill Golf Course.
- Of all the things to do in the lakes region this fall going on a hike is a rewarding and fun experience! Belknap Mountain in Gilford is an easy and invigorating climb with a stellar view of Lake Winnipesaukee at the top. Stinson Mountain in Rumney is a 4-mile roundtrip moderate and enjoyable hile with views of the Baker River Valley and the Franconia and Sandwich ranges. There are many hikes in this area, and you will surely find one or more for your skill level.
- Taking a cruise or boat tour is a must of things to do in the lakes region of New Hampshire, especially when you hop aboard the historic M/S Mount Washington Cruises out of Weirs Beach.
- Kayaking on the water is a great choice of things to do in the Lakes Region. You’ll enjoy the same gorgeous water views as the cruises but far more quiet solitude.
- Stopping in at a brewery or winery is a great way to refresh and slow down when you have a long list of things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. Consider stops like the Sap House Meadery or Twin Barns Brewing Company.
- Perhaps seeing this area from the air is on your list of things to do in the Lakes Region this fall! A seaplane tour is an unforgettable and exhilarating way to see autumn colors from above.
The Best New Hampshire Getaway for Fall
With so many amazing things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire this fall, you’ll need a comfortable place to call home for a few days. If you’re looking for a luxurious, romantic, and unforgettable New Hampshire getaway, you won’t find anything that compares to our lakefront New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast.
Surround yourself with the sparkling blue of Lake Winnisquam, and enjoy the vibrant hues of fall lighting up mountains and forests all around us. Wake up to the sounds of solitude and a delicious fresh breakfast, and unwind in the cozy comfort of our luxury guest rooms.
It’s easy to see why our Bed and Breakfast is rated as one of the top romantic New Hampshire getaways. Are you ready to experience the breathtaking beauty of the Lakes Region of New Hampshire this fall? Head to our website and book your stay before it’s too late!