It’s that time of year again to enjoy the best New Hampshire fall foliage! If you’re looking for a place to go that offers unprecedented opportunities to enjoy the foliage, our Lakefront New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast is it! From here, you can access some of the state’s most popular parks, scenic drives, and hikes, not to mention paddling on the lakes surrounded by the fiery hues of fall.
New Hampshire fall foliage is something we look forward to every year, and it never disappoints. Our often green hillsides transform in a few short weeks to become blanked with vibrant shades of red, orange, and yellow. It’s truly a sight to behold and something everyone should have the pleasure of experiencing at least once in their lifetime.
Our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast is located on Lake Winnisquam near the Lakes Region town of Laconia. We aren’t too far from top-rated New Hampshire fall foliage destinations, including Franconia Notch State Park in the White Mountains and Gunstock Mountain Resort. After a day of soaking in as much of these gorgeous fall colors as you can return to our romantic Bed and Breakfast for a bit of relaxation.
We offer the perfect quiet hideaway amidst the hustle and bustle of fall in New Hampshire. The season goes quickly, though, so book your room at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today!
The Best New Hampshire Fall Foliage
The Lakes Region is a well-loved four-season destination in New Hampshire. During the summer months, visitors descend on the lakes to boat, paddle, and swim in these pristine waters, and in the winter, they come to ski at Gunstock Mountain Resort or snowmobile their way around the countryside. There are so many unique and fun things to do in the Lakes Region throughout the year – we can hardly blame people for visiting!
Fall, though, is a season unto itself. Fall is arguably one of the busiest seasons in New Hampshire, thanks to the rapid appearance of vibrant New Hampshire fall foliage. Even if it’s not the busiest, it’s undoubtedly the most beautiful. There are just as many things to do in the Lakes Region during the fall as in the summer, including boating, paddling, hiking, biking, and enjoying scenic drives – but it takes on extra character thanks to the development of New Hampshire fall foliage.
If you’re looking to enjoy the best New Hampshire fall foliage, we have plenty of recommendations! The peak of fall foliage season is somewhat hard to predict, but generally, if you visit in late September through mid-October, you’re bound to enjoy a colorful vacation. Here are our favorite things to do when enjoying New Hampshire fall foliage near us.
- Kayak or canoe around any of the lakes, especially the peaceful waters of Lake Winnisquam. You’ll be surrounded by the stunning colors of New Hampshire fall foliage on the hillsides, with beautiful reflections to enjoy on the water.
- Take a lake cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee aboard Mount Washington. You can also take a lake cruise on the smaller but idyllic Squam Lake. This 90-minute Squam Lake Cruise includes viewing wildlife in addition to passing the famous “On Golden Pond” filming location.
- Enjoy New Hampshire fall foliage by train, where you’ll be treated to mountain views from high atop a trestle bridge. The Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad offers two tours specializing in the scenery afforded by New Hampshire’s fall foliage.
- Hiking is always on our list of things to do in the Lakes Region, but the fall is when it’s at its most magical. Mount Major is one of our favorite local hikes, but we’d be happy to recommend plenty more!
- There are plenty of delightful scenic drives to take in the area, too! A few of our favorite scenic drives include the famed Kancamagus Highway, the Pinkham Notch Loop on the Mount Washington Auto Road, and the drive from Squam Lake to Lake Winnipesaukee, which also includes two historic covered bridges.
- Enjoy beautiful views of New Hampshire fall foliage from the top of Gunstock Mountain Resort, where you’ll find plenty of hiking and biking trails, an adventure park, and scenic chairlift rides!
- Head into the White Mountains, which are just to the north of the Lakes Region, and enjoy beautiful places like Franconia Notch State Park!
The Best New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast
In truth, it doesn’t really matter what you do while visiting our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast. The beautiful glow of New Hampshire fall foliage is everywhere you turn. Fall is the perfect time to plan a few days of pure relaxation, and there is nowhere better to do it than our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast.
Our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast is the only lakefront property of its kind. With breathtaking views, nine charming guest rooms and one private two-story attached guest house, and a delicious breakfast each morning of your stay, you’ll want for nothing during your fall getaway.
With exceptional customer service and dedication to our guests, you’ll see why so many people have made our Bed and Breakfast their special getaway destination. Book your room at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today!