The best time to visit New Hampshire is definitely during the magical autumn season when the landscape turns to dramatic hues of glowing reds, golds, and oranges! While this gorgeous place is a great place to visit year-round, the mystical feeling of fall in New Hampshire is something everyone should experience in their lifetimes. The White Mountains and Lakes Regions become even more picturesque, leaving you with the sense that you’ve entered into a calendar picture. An exploration of New Hampshire during the fall is sure to be truly memorable.
Let our Lakes Region bed and breakfast be your ultimate fall getaway! Located on Lake Winnisquam, our quiet and relaxing New Hampshire inn is the best place for an idyllic fall escape. The nearby towns of Laconia and Gilford and the surrounding area provide a plethora of things to do and see. You may choose to head out on an epic adventure or spend the day unwinding at our lakeshore accommodations. A visit to our New Hampshire lodging this fall is something you won’t soon forget. If you are looking for the perfect place to get away from it all this fall, book your stay with us today!
The Best Time to Visit New Hampshire
With the cooler weather and leaves beginning to change, it’s time to start looking forward to fall! This time of year is the best time to visit New Hampshire as the world-famous foliage of the region begins to change hues and put on quite the show of color. Many places here are picture-perfect, and the leaf-peeping is the best. Gorgeous color surrounds you in nature almost everywhere here and will most likely take your breath away. Here are our favorite reasons why fall is the best time to visit New Hampshire!
- There is nothing like going for an invigorating hike on a fall day! It’s what helps make autumn the best time to visit New Hampshire. In the White Mountains, there are ample opportunities to get out and feel that crisp air. Mount Major is a scenic and rocky trail with a great view of Lake Winnipesaukee. On the Artist Bluff Trail, you’ll get views of Echo Lake and the Franconia Notch Valley. The Franconia Ridge Loop will take you across 3 different mountain ranges!
- There are many scenic drives in New Hampshire, but if you are here in the fall, be sure to head out to the Kancamagus Scenic Byway. If you are here during the autumn months, it is definitely the best time to visit New Hampshire. This 34.5-mile drive follows along NH Route 112. Here you can be witness to one of the best fall foliage viewing areas in the world. Along this stretch of highway, you’ll find many hiking trails, picturesque ponds, overlooks, and lots of wildlife.
- Fall is the best time to visit New Hampshire, as many of the waterfalls will be beautifully framed by the changing leaves. At places like Arethusa Falls, Sabbaday Falls, and Diana’s Baths, you’ll be able to walk to these natural wonders where cascading water is surrounded by the hues of the season.
- A ride up the scenic Cog Railway is a great way to experience the magic of the season. This historic ride thrills passengers from all over and was the first mountain-climbing cog railway in the world. As you ascend to Mt. Washington, you will marvel at the autumn colors all around you.
- The fall is the best time to visit New Hampshire because many farms and apple orchards provide you with an opportunity to go out and pick your own apples, as well as other produce. There’s nothing like a crisp and beautiful autumn day and soaking up the last of the warm sun. At Moulton Farm in Meredith, they have a garden center, a farm market, and a farm kitchen with a bakery filled with special treats of the season. The fall is a great time to visit because they offer a corn maze, which is always a fun autumn tradition.
The Perfect Autumn Getaway
Our lakeside lodging is your best choice for an ideal fall time vacation! At our quiet and serene inn, you can escape the hustle and bustle and soak in the season. In our casual and elegant guest rooms, you’ll be able to unwind after a day of autumn exploration.
Our rooms reflect the peaceful beauty of the area, and each one is a tranquil retreat set up with your ultimate comfort in mind. Some of our rooms offer jacuzzi tubs. Others provide an expansive view of Lake Winnisquam. Choose the room that will be perfect for your getaway. Book your stay with us today if you are looking for the best place for a picture-perfect fall time escape!