Ski Season at Gunstock Mountain is the best way to experience New Hampshire this winter! Offering breathtaking views of Lake Winnepesaukee, this is a perfect day trip while staying at our Lakes Region getaway. Located in Gilford, New Hampshire Gunstock Mountain is a premier winter destination and is not to be missed. 48 trails on 227 acres provide lots of space for many different kinds of activities to enjoy. You’ll definitely want to hit the slopes while you’re here and there is sure to be something for everyone as the ski areas range from easier to advanced to expert level. Gear up and head outside, it’s ski season at Gunstock Mountain!
Just 20 minutes away from Gunstock Mountain, our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast is the best place to take in the winter months. While enjoying ski season at Gunstock Mountain you’ll know you have a cozy and comfortable place to rest and rejuvenate for more snowy adventures. Our Inn, set on Lake Winnisquam is a quiet lakefront oasis where you’ll enjoy the beauty of a New Hampshire winter. Close in proximity to many other attractions and things to do in the Lakes Region makes our bed and breakfast a prime destination. If you want the ultimate lakefront winter escape, book your room with us today!
Ski Season at Gunstock Mountain
Since 1937 generations have been learning how to ski and getting better every year at Gunstock Mountain in New Hampshire. This easily accessible ski area offers a plethora of ways to enjoy the pow. They offer a space for events, clinics, tours, and classes. From a learning center that pride’s itself on teaching many who grow up here how to ski, to tubing to snowshoeing, there are endless ways to get after a winter’s day. Ski season at Gunstock Mountain isn’t all about the skiing! Here are 5 fun things to do during this amazing time of year here.
- Take a lesson on your visit here. Their Snowsports School offers an intro to skiing to intermediate lessons for anyone aged 3 to adult. Perhaps you have mastered the art of skiing and want to learn how to snowboard? Take a lesson in snowboarding, or try a nordic lesson and learn how to cross country ski. You won’t regret learning something new during ski season at Gunstock Mountain!
- During the ski season at Gunstock Mountain, there are many activities available to enjoy the winter in New Hampshire. Here they have snowmaking on all the trails so you can always have access to fun activities like snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, fat biking, and skijoring- a winter sport where one is pulled on their skis by a small team of dogs! The Outdoor Center at Gunstock Mountain can set you up for the best adventure.
- Take advantage of a unique opportunity to ski at night this ski season at Gunstock Mountain. Trails are lighted up for Night Skiing. This amazing night time access to 22 trails generally goes from mid-December to mid-March. You’ll be able to do all the special activities that Gunstock offers during the day but with the night sky overhead. Sure to be a memorable experience!
- Forgot your gear? The staff here are ready to prepare you for the best ski season at Gunstock Mountain with the Gunstock Rental Shop. You have the option to either rent equipment for the day or demo gear. You can rent skis, boots, poles as part of a ski package or a board and boots if you want to try some snowboarding. At the Gunstock Ski and Sports Demo Center, you can choose from a variety of the latest and greatest ski gear to try out. If you like what you try you’ll get the equipment for a special demo price.
- Not to be missed this ski season at Gunstock Mountain is a ride down the mountain coaster! This exhilarating ride lasts just 6 minutes but the memories will last a lifetime! You’ll ride the 4,100 feet long track through the mountain forest first uphill, then gravity takes over and you’ll be flying down at a speed of up to 25 mph! Each cart does have its own braking system if you don’t feel like going quite that fast. Definitely, a fun and different way to experience winter in New Hampshire.
The Best New Hampshire Lodging
After a day on the slopes during ski season at Gunstock Mountain, you’ll need a place to relax those tired muscles! Our Lakes Region bed and breakfast is the perfect New England getaway this winter. From your private guest room, you’ll enjoy sinking into your comfy bed fitted with plush bedding and getting an amazing night of sleep at our quiet and serene bed and breakfast. Look out your window and you’ll see a breathtaking view of Lake Winnisquam.
Fuel your adventure-filled day with our gourmet breakfasts. With items such as fresh fruit, yogurt, quiches, casseroles, and breakfast banana splits, you are sure to start the day off right. We support local farmers and want the freshest ingredients for the meals that are served to guests. Our maple syrup comes from just down the road! If you are ready to get away from it all this winter and spend some time at a quintessential Lakes Region bed and breakfast, book your stay with us today!