The Lake House at Ferry Point, known for its restful atmosphere and beautiful scenery in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region, is an excellent place to spend some time during these cold winter months. So many of us tend to stay indoors, out of the harsh elements of winter, but we urge you to do exactly the opposite. It doesn’t matter what the weather does in New Hampshire; there’s always something fun and exciting going on here. Book your room at our wonderful Bed and Breakfast, and take part in the best winter activities the Lakes Region has to offer.
Winter Activities in New Hampshire
The Lakes Region in New Hampshire is well known for its surrounding mountains. Though they offer tremendous fun in the other 3 seasons of the year, it seems like these mountains were simply made for the incredible winter activities that you’ll find here. It’s been said that winter is the secret season in the Lakes Region; a place of quiet charms and a restful atmosphere. Come to the Lakes Region this winter, so you can renew your spirit and reconnect with nature during these dark, cold months of winter. All you have to do is get here! Once you’re ready to play, here are our favorite winter activities in New Hampshire:
- Snowmobile along the 100+ miles of groomed trails in the area.
- Go downhill skiing, snowboarding, or tubing on the slopes of the many mountains surrounding the Lakes Region. Favorites include Gunstock Mountain Resort, Loon Mountain Resort, King Pine Ski Area, Wildcat Mountain, Attitash Mountain, and Cannon Mountain. No matter which mountain you choose, New Hampshire offers some of the best slopes in New England.
- New England Sled Dog Club has several race events coming up in January and February, including one on Lake Chocorua. They are thrilling to watch!
- The town of Meredith, NH is the host to another one of the biggest annual winter events in the Lakes Region, The New England Pond Hockey Classic . Hundreds of teams typically compete for the coveted WinnipeHockey Cup, and it’s just as fun for the spectators as it is the players.
- Take part in the 38th annual Great Rotary Ice Fishing Derby in Meredith. Ice Fisherman/women in their ice shanties will converge on Lake Winnipesaukee, where they will compete for a grand prize of $15,000.
- Watch a car race on ice with the Lakes Region Ice Racing Club.
- If you want to try ice skating, there are frozen lakes and ponds throughout the Lakes Region that offer the quintessential outdoor New England experience. Or, if you’re new to skating, head to the Laconia Ice Center for a more traditional indoor experience
- There are countless cross-country ski and snowshoeing trails that can be enjoyed in the area. The trails at Loon Center and Markus Wildlife Sanctuary are popular, as are the trails at Gunstock Mountain Resort.
When you’re done playing in the snow and ready for a little down time, our Inn will be here waiting. Book your stay at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast, and experience these extraordinary winter activities for yourself!