With soaring gas prices everywhere, there’s never been a better time to stick close to home and enjoy some of the best things to do in New Hampshire. There’s certainly no shortage of great places to visit, either! New Hampshire is an incredible state, home to incredible natural beauty, stunning lakes, magnificent mountains, and so much more.
In our opinion, one of the best things to do in New Hampshire this summer is to visit the stunning Lakes Region. The Lakes Region is what summer dreams are made of. The picturesque landscape is dotted with small, quaint towns surrounded by lakes, forests, and mountains made of granite. Of course, this is also where you’ll find our luxurious New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast!
Our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast is the only lakefront Bed and Breakfast in the area and makes for an ideal summer getaway. From here, it’s easy to enjoy some of the top-rated things to do in New Hampshire, including visiting Lake Winnipesaukee, the White Mountains, Franconia Notch State Park, and our local Gunstock Mountain Resort, among other things. More importantly, a visit to our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast means the chance to unwind and enjoy our stunning natural surroundings.
The ultimate summer getaway is waiting. Enjoy all of the best things to do in New Hampshire and book your room at our top-rated #1 New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today!
The Best Things to do in New Hampshire
Summer in New Hampshire is a magical time when lakes become places to take a cooling dip, areas to hike open up, and when storybook villages and towns become alive with visitors once again. There’s no shortage of excellent things to do in New Hampshire in the summer, and the best part is it’s all extremely accessible.
New Hampshire has a wealth of natural beauty and history but also keeps a relaxed, laid-back vibe during summertime. Here are the best things to do in New Hampshire on your next visit this summer.
- Franconia Notch State Park is in the heart of the White Mountains National Forest. This mountain pass extends from the Flume Gorge, an impressive natural granite gorge featuring waterwalls, up to Echo Lake. This area was also home to the famous rock formation, “The Old man of the Mountain”. Another not to be missed activity here is the Aerial Tramway at Cannon Mountain.
- At the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center they offer natural science education programs including live animal exhibits and inspiring gardens to walk through. Here you can take a guided Squam Lake Cruise out on the water to learn all about the area’s natural history.
- A visit to Weirs Beach is a classic summertime destination and one of the best things to do in New Hampshire. This area is located on the South Shore of Lake Winnipesauke and features a drive in theater, and attractions for the whole family. Be sure to stop by Kellerhaus for homemade ice cream and chocolates.
- Castle in the Clouds offers 28 miles of trails to hike, waterfalls to discover, and beautiful gardens to explore on this impressive property. It is home to Lucknow, an arts and crafts style 16-room mansion built in 1914. Enjoy self-guided tours of this unique location.
- A hike to one of the many waterfalls in the area is definitely one of the best things to do in New Hampshire this summer. Sabbaday Falls is one of the most popular not only because of its beauty but because it is a stop along the Kancamagus Highway. Arethusa Falls in Crawford Notch State Park is believed to be the tallest waterfall in the State.
- Located on the North shore of Lake Winnepesaukee The Loon Center houses exhibits and displays that help give visitors a greater understanding of the important role loons play in the ecosystem and the natural world. A visit here is sure to be one of the more unique and memorable things to do in New Hampshire this summer.
- A great adventure and one of the best things to do in New Hampshire this summer is a ride up to the summit of the highest peak in the Northeast. The Mt. Washington Cog Railway is a one-of-a-kind experience that is an exhilarating journey. The cog railway has been making this trek up to Mt. Washington for over 150 years! This experience is sure to be one of your highlights of your time spent in New Hampshire.
The Best New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast
After a day of exploring the area and some of the things to do in New Hampshire, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you’ll be returning to a quiet and comfortable place to rest. Our New Hampshire lodging is the ideal summer getaway. All of our guest rooms are tastefully and beautifully appointed and serve as an elegant yet casual space for guests to retreat to at the end of the day. Hang out at the serene lakefront to unwind and relax.
You’ll enjoy a hearty breakfast to fuel you up for your day’s adventures. Served up in our beautiful dining room overlooking the sparkling lake, we offer dishes such as quiches and casseroles, fresh fruit yogurt parfaits, and breakfast banana splits. This is sure to be a vacation you won’t soon forget! If you are ready for the perfect place for a summer escape, book your stay with us today!