If you’re longing for a beachy getaway that is as quiet as it is beautiful, it’s time you considered visiting the extraordinary Lakes Region of New Hampshire. As the name suggests, the Lakes Region is filled with pristine lakes, picturesque beaches, and all the requisite water sports you crave on a warm summer’s day. Given that these lakes are surrounded by some of New Hampshire’s most mountainous terrain, it should also come as no surprise that there’s an abundance of outdoor recreation to be found here that goes far beyond the lakes.
The Lakes Region of New Hampshire is most famous for Lake Winnipesaukee, but there are other (and quieter) lakes here that are just as lovely, like Lake Winnisquam, Big Squam Lake, Little Squam Lake, and White Oak Pond, which is where the movie “On Golden Pond” was filmed. That’s just a shortlist of the lakes you’ll find in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire, though.
With all of this stunning water and serene beauty, you can expect quiet, peaceful surroundings, perfect for that relaxing getaway in New Hampshire you’ve been dreaming of. To make the most out of your time here include a stay at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast. We’re located on Lake Winnisquam, near enough to towns such as Laconia and Gilford but far enough away to enjoy a truly rejuvenating getaway in New Hampshire. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire today!
Things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire
The Lakes Region of New Hampshire is truly a one-of-a-kind destination. One visit here, and we’re sure it will be your new favorite go-to for romantic getaways and quiet retreats away from the hustle and bustle of the city. While you’re here, we encourage you to enjoy the Lakes Region of New Hampshire to the fullest, which means enjoying time on the water, taking hikes in the area, visiting places like Franconia Notch State Park, and otherwise soaking up the stunning natural beauty.
New Hampshire has a wealth of natural beauty and history that’s fun to explore, but we also do a great job of keeping the vibe laid back and relaxed. That’s why so many people love to visit! Here are a few of the top things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire:
- One of the top things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire is to visit Franconia Notch State Park in the White Mountains. This popular park is home to the Flume Gorge, an impressive natural granite gorge featuring waterfalls. It’s also where you’ll find the Aerial Tramway at Cannon Mountain, which offers you a fun way to explore the White Mountains and take in the view.
- No trip to the Lakes Region of New Hampshire would be complete without a stop a Weirs Beach on Lake Winnipesaukee. It’s a classic summertime destination featuring a drive-in theater and attractions for the whole family. Don’t miss the handmade ice cream and chocolates at Kellerhaus.
- Another great place to visit in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire is Castle in the Clouds. There are 28 miles of hiking trails here, along with waterfalls to discover and beautiful gardens to enjoy.
- A hike to one of the many great New Hampshire waterfalls is definitely one of the best things to do in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. Aside from these great waterfalls, there are other great hikes in the area like Mount Major.
- Located on the North shore of Lake Winnepesaukee, The Loon Center houses exhibits and displays that help give visitors a greater understanding of the important role loons play in the ecosystem and the natural world.
- Ride up to the summit of the highest peak in the Northeast, Mount Washington. The Mt. Washington Cog Railway is a one-of-a-kind experience that is an exhilarating journey. You can also drive to the top on Mount Washington Auto Road, or if you’re truly adventurous, hike it!
- Enjoy the lake from our private beach! Our sandy beach is perfect for swimming on a warm summer day. You can also enjoy an afternoon paddling or boating. A variety of boats, paddleboards, and canoes can be rented from the Winnisquam Marine, and our inn has a nice collection of kayaks and paddleboats for you to use as well.
- Go biking on one of the many easy-to-navigate trails in the area. The Winnepesaukee River Trail or the trail in Franconia Notch State Park are favorites.
- Take a scenic drive through the White Mountain National Forest. It’s truly beautiful during the summer, but come fall, the mountains will be absolutely ablaze with color; a sight to behold, for sure. There are a number of other scenic drives in the area, too.
- Visit New Hampshire’s beautiful covered bridges–there are 54 of them in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire alone!
The Best Lakefront Getaway in New Hampshire
As you can see, a getaway to the Lake Region of New Hampshire promises to be equal parts fun and relaxing, not to mention exceptionally beautiful! To compliment a getaway this amazing, there’s only one place worth staying, and that’s our Lakefront New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast. Not only do we offer the only lakefront Bed and Breakfast in the area, but we’re rated as one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire.
Our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast has a long-standing reputation for excellence, and we tend to every detail of your stay to ensure you leave feeling relaxed. With only ten guest rooms on the property, you’ll feel as though you have a private lakefront escape to enjoy all to yourself. Included with your stay is a delicious and hot breakfast made fresh for you in our kitchen.
Our location is also unbeatable. We’re situated on the quiet, tranquil shores of Lake Winnisquam, which is much quieter than our well-known neighbor, Lake Winnipesaukee. We offer kayaks for guests staying with us, too, so you can enjoy the best parts of a vacation to the Lakes Region of New Hampshire without the busy crowds found over at Lake Winnepesaukee. You deserve a lakeside getaway. Book a room at our #1 Bed and Breakfast in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire today!