A new year is here, which means an entire year full of adventures and possibilities are waiting to be discovered. The Lakes Region of New Hampshire should be on your “must-see” list this year. This exciting region, without a doubt, is one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire. In the Lakes Region, you’ll find an exciting fusion of culture, arts, and outdoor adventure, not to mention some of the best scenery in the state.
It’s hard to pinpoint any one thing that makes the Lakes Region one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire. There’s so much to this amazing place! It’s a combination of friendly small towns and unprecedented access to some of the most beautiful scenery in New England. Our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast is located right in the center of all, too, allowing you to enjoy the very best of this incredible place from one accessible destination.
Aside from experiencing these majestic lakes and mountains, visiting the Lakes Region also gives you the chance to stay at our exceptional Bed and Breakfast, which we would consider top among the best places to stay in New Hampshire. We’re situated right in the heart of the Lakes Region and offer our guests the getaway of a lifetime.
Don’t you think it’s time you started planning? Relax, unwind, and visit our lakefront Bed and Breakfast, one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire. Book your room today!
One of the Best Places to Stay in New Hampshire
New Hampshire is a pretty big state with plenty to offer visitors. Even so, we think the Lakes Region is one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire. There’s so much to do here, whether it’s getting outdoors or embracing the charm of our rural towns. When it comes to finding the best lodging in the Lakes Region, nothing beats our Bed and Breakfast’s comfortable accommodations and exceptional hospitality.
Our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast features ten uniquely appointed and spacious guest rooms. Each guest room is outfitted with amenities you’d expect to find at top hotel chains. What you won’t find are boring standardized accommodations. We go far above and beyond the ordinary to bring you one of the best experiences – and it’s this attention to detail that makes our Inn one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire.
Regardless of what you plan to do during the day, each morning here will start with a delicious and hearty breakfast. We make it from scratch every morning, and it is the perfect fuel for whatever adventure lies ahead. You definitely won’t go hungry here – and this is another reason our Bed and Breakfast is one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire.
The Best Things to do in the Lakes Region in 2022
There are plenty of reasons to consider the Lakes Region one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire. It starts, of course, with the breathtaking beauty of the lakes themselves. It’s the perfect place to relax, unwind, and enjoy the getaway you deserve. Beyond that, there are virtually endless hiking and biking trails nearby, including in the famed White Mountains. By winter, these trails are blanketed with snow for an entirely new range of outdoor pursuits.
If you’re not into the outdoors or want a mix of adventure and culture on your trip, you can find that in the Lakes Region, too! The charming towns of the Lakes Region offer plenty of great shopping, art galleries, museums, and other attractions worth exploring. The Lakes Region offers a little something for everyone, and that is why we consider it one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire.
We’ve broken our list of things to do in the Lakes Region by summer activities (which apply to spring, summer, and fall) and winter activities for you snow-loving adventurers. It won’t take you long to see why this area is one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire!
The rugged natural beauty of this area lends itself to summertime exploration, and so there are many things to do in the Lakes Region. Whatever you choose to do, get ready for plenty of big adventures!
- Head to Franconia Notch State Park in the heart of the White Mountains National Forest. There, you’ll find the Flume Gorge, great hiking and biking, and the Aerial Tramway at Cannon Mountain.
- Visit the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center and take a guided Squam Lake Cruise.
- A visit to Weirs Beach is a classic summertime destination and one of the best things to do in New Hampshire.
- Castle in the Clouds offers 28 miles of trails to hike, waterfalls to discover, and beautiful gardens to explore.
- Hike to one of the many waterfalls in the area, including Sabbaday Falls and Arethusa Falls.
- Visit The Loon Center and learn more about these unique and beautiful birds.
- Take the Mt. Washington Cog Railway to the summit of Mt. Washington.
- Enjoy some of the best hiking and take in some breathtaking views.
- Get out on the water for some boating and kayaking.
Snow, snow, and more snow! That is what winter in New Hampshire is all about. There are plenty of things to do in the Lakes Region in the winter, and this opportunity for four seasons of fun is what makes this one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire. Here are a few of our favorite things to do in the Lakes Region in the winter:
- Go skiing at local ski resorts, like Gunstock Mountain Resort.
- Explore the area via snowmobile – there are plenty of great New Hampshire snowmobile trails to explore.
- If you want to try ice skating, there are frozen lakes and ponds throughout the Lakes Region, in addition to the Laconia Ice Center.
- There are countless cross-country ski and snowshoeing trails that can be enjoyed in the area. The trails at Loon Center and Markus Wildlife Sanctuary are popular, as are the trails at Gunstock Mountain Resort.
- As the lakes freeze over, they become a great place for ice fishing!
- If you haven’t seen a car race on a frozen lake, this is the year. The Lakes Region Ice Racing Club oversees races on Berry or Lee Pond every year.
If you’re ready to experience the exciting beauty of New Hampshire’s Lakes Region, then it’s time to start planning. Book your room at one of the best places to stay in New Hampshire today!