Restaurant Guide for the Lakes Area Region of New Hampshire
From casual to elegant, here is our list of handpicked local restaurant recommendations just for you!
We love to eat out just as much as you and we especially love sending our guests to our favorite restaurants in the area. Spending money in these establishments supports other small business owners like us, stimulates the local economy and provides you with the best food New Hampshire has to offer!
The Lakes Area Region is chock-full of restaurants that we enjoy, from super casual to upscale and elegant and everything in between. So, steer away from those chains and try something new and different!
Here is a list of the restaurants we love most. Bon Appétit!
Our Top Picks
- The Local Eatery, in Laconia, NH, is an exclusive farm-to-table restaurant, offering the freshest produce, meats, fish and cheese from select farms and farmers. Reservations are recommended!
- Tavern 27, in Laconia, NH, is a premier tapas restaurant and piano bar. Tavern 27 uses local farmers and purveyors for their ingredients when possible and offers an extensive gluten free menu. Reservations are recommended!
- Lavinias, in Center Harbor, NH, is housed in a building built in the 1820’s by John Coe and served as an Underground Railroad location during the slavery era. They focus on finding the best and freshest local ingredients, featuring New England comforts with a modern twist. Ask about a private table in the Cupola, for a special dining experience!
- Onions Pub and Restaurant, in Tilton, NH, is run by a couple from Bermuda and the restaurant is named after the Bermuda onion! They offer international cuisine, preparing elegant dishes with Bermudan and British flair, along with American-style dishes and pub food.
- Ciao Pasta, in Northfield, NH, is a great place to “design your own pasta!” You select your favorite pasta, sauce and all the goodies you want added in. Additionally, they offer “Ciao Signature Specials”, incredible desserts and a nice variety of lighter fare.
- T-Bone’s Great American Eatery, is located in Laconia, NH (but has several other locations throughout NH), and has an extensive menu that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. From burgers, soups and salads to steak, seafood, vegetarian and gluten free dishes, the menu options are endless. It is very kid-friendly and offers discounts on various nights and happy hour specials.
- El Jimador, in Belmont, NH, is our favorite go-to Mexican restaurant. You will find an extensive offering of delicious and authentic Mexican Baja cuisine, served in a festive atmosphere. They have a wide variety of margaritas, Mexican beer and other colorful drinks as well as a kid’s menu.
- Shooter’s Pub, in Belmont, NH, is a great place for all you sports lovers! There is a sports pub with pool tables and dartboards, as well as a bowling alley and live entertainment. In the warmer months, the outdoor patio is open, where you can chill out with a game of corn hole. The menu consists of pizza, nachos, steak tips, giant salads and big burgers. Rebecca happens to love their nachos! They also deliver to the Lake House.
- Tilton House of Pizza, in Tilton, NH, is great for those nights when you just feel like picking up take out and relaxing. You can also dine in and grab a quick beer or glass of wine with a friend.
- The Lobster Connection, in Belmont, NH, is a great old-school lobster shack, where you can get that true New England lobster experience. It is within walking distance to the Inn and offers the freshest lobster and seafood around. The lobster rolls are particularly popular!
- The Lyon’s Den Restaurant and Tavern, in Gilford, NH, offers an amazing view of the Gilford islands, Lake Winnipesaukee and the Ossipee Mountains. There is a public dock for those who want to stop for a bite after a day of boating. The menu features grilled steaks, seafood specialties, pan sautéed favorites and chicken dishes.
- Walter’s Basin, in Holderness, NH is one of the few places you can sit on the water. Has a delightful and surprising menu including elk meatloaf and is the perfect place to eat after an Experience Squam boat ride or a visit to the Squam Lake Natural Science Center.