Celebrate the Holidays in the New Hampshire Lakes Region
The holiday season has begun in the New Hampshire Lakes Region and there are many ways to celebrate. The quaint New England towns are enhanced by Christmas decorations, caroling and festivals. After exploring the events and concerts, return to The Lake House at Ferry Point at it’s serene lakefront location. Our Bed and Breakfast is the perfect quiet retreat after a day of merry activities. Book your holiday getaway with us today.
Holiday Festivals and Tours
Our delightful towns have a variety of festivals, tours and events. Choose the perfect one to spark your holiday spirit:
- The Santa Express – From November 24th through December 23rd the Hobo Scenic Railroad hosts train rides with Santa and his elves. Sip hot chocolate and savor holiday cookies while taking in the magical snowy views.
- Wolfeboro Tree Festival – Come admire over 65 uniquely decorated trees at the Wright Museum of WWII History. This charity benefit takes place December 9th through 19th and includes entertainment such as choirs, musicians and dance performances.
- Christmas at the Castle – Castle in the Clouds’ historic mansion is transformed into a holiday showcase. Stroll the elegantly decorated interiors November 24th to 26th. After browsing the local artisan gifts, enjoy lunch at the Carriage House Restaurant.
- The Gift of Lights – The New Hampshire Motor Speedway shines even brighter November 25th through December 31th. Drive through more than 2,000,000 LED lights creating holiday scenes and two 130-foot lighted tunnels. This fun holiday event is open every night from 4:30 until 9:00.
- Canterbury Shaker Village – Travel back to a simpler time with these two charming holiday events:
Christmas in Canterbury – The historic Shaker buildings set the stage for timeless holiday activities such as a 19th century magic show and creating traditional Christmas crackers. End the evening at the Village Christmas tree lighting, while sipping hot cider and singing carols. This event takes place December 9th and 16th.
Candlelit Tours – Admire the charming Shaker Christmas decorations and celebrations in the evening. These one hour guided tours are available December 11th through 15th.
- Christmas in the Village – Begin your Christmas shopping December 1st through the 3rd at this craft fair and festival in downtown Center Sandwich. Beautiful handcrafted textiles, jewelry, pottery, and ornaments make perfect gifts.
There are plenty of choices for an elegant evening out appreciating the performing arts this season. Here are just a few:
- Snow White – The Winnipesaukee Playhouse hosts Snow White December 18th through the 30th. During this traditional English “Panto” version audience participation is expected. Join in to boo the villains and cheer the heroes. Show tunes and pop music update this traditional Victorian style play. Mix in some saucy humor with slapstick for a fun uplifting show.
- Holiday Pops Concert – Lakes Region Symphony Orchestra performs at the Inter-Lake Community Auditorium in Meredith December 9th and 10th. Revel in the rich sounds of a full orchestra performing pop holiday favorites.
- The Nutcracker in Wolfeboro – The Kingswood Arts Center hosts
New Hampshire’s premier professional ballet company December 10th. This holiday classic travels to Wolfeboro for only one night, so don’t miss it!
- Christmas with the Celts – The Flying Monkey Moviehouse and Performance Center will brighten your holidays with lively Celtic music. The unique blend of modern Christmas songs and Celtic folk music creates a vibrant celebration. Book a premium table and combine dinner with the show. Tickets sell out quickly, so reserve your seat for this December 8th performance.
Whether you’re looking for a quiet getaway or an itinerary full of holiday cheer, you’ll find the perfect balance in the Lakes Region. Our lakefront Bed and Breakfast is the tranquil haven needed after a flurry of seasonal activities. Book your holiday vacation with us today.