The things to do in New Hampshire this summer include an extensive list that ranges from exploring natural wonders to experiencing history to taking advantage of the warm weather and getting out on a lake! A visit to New Hampshire in the summer is what dreams are made of. The picturesque landscape is dotted with small, quaint towns surrounded by lakes, forests, and mountains made of granite. A visit to New Hampshire in the summer is sure to be an unforgettable experience.
Let our New Hampshire bed and breakfast be your ideal summertime getaway! Located on the shores of Lake Winnisquam, our lodging is the perfect place to rest and relax. On our quiet and scenic property, you can unwind while sitting lakeside. Spend your whole vacation here in our comfortable and casual atmosphere. If you want to venture out we are conveniently located to many of the attractions and places of interest to see here in New Hampshire. If you want the best place for the ultimate summer escape, book your stay with us today!
The Best Things to do in New Hampshire
Summer in New Hampshire is a magical time when lakes become places to take a cooling dip, areas to hike open up, and when storybook villages and towns become alive with visitors once again. There is a lot to see and do in this small state and everything here is extremely accessible. New Hampshire has a wealth of natural beauty and history but also keeps a relaxed, laid-back vibe during summertime. Here are the best things to do in New Hampshire on your next visit this summer.
- Franconia Notch State Park is in the heart of the White Mountains National Forest. This mountain pass extends from the Flume Gorge, an impressive natural granite gorge featuring waterwalls, up to Echo Lake. This area was also home to the famous rock formation, “The Old man of the Mountain”. Another not to be missed activity here is the Aerial Tramway at Cannon Mountain.
- At the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center they offer natural science education programs including live animal exhibits and inspiring gardens to walk through. Here you can take a guided Squam Lake Cruise out on the water to learn all about the area’s natural history.
- A visit to Weirs Beach is a classic summertime destination and one of the best things to do in New Hampshire. This area is located on the South Shore of Lake Winnipesauke and features a drive in theater, and attractions for the whole family. Be sure to stop by Kellerhaus for homemade ice cream and chocolates.
- Castle in the Clouds offers 28 miles of trails to hike, waterfalls to discover, and beautiful gardens to explore on this impressive property. It is home to Lucknow, an arts and crafts style 16-room mansion built in 1914. Enjoy self-guided tours of this unique location.
- A hike to one of the many waterfalls in the area is definitely one of the the best things to do in New Hampshire this summer. Sabbaday Falls is one of the most popular not only because of its beauty but it is a stop along the Kancamagus Highway. Arethusa Falls in Crawford Notch State Park is believed to be the tallest waterfall in the State.
- Located on the North shore of Lake Winnepesaukee The Loon Center houses exhibits and displays that help give visitors a greater understanding of the important role loons play in the ecosystem and the natural world. A visit here is sure to be one of the more unique and memorable things to do in New Hampshire this summer.
- A great adventure and one of the best things to do in New Hampshire this summer is a ride up to the summit of the highest peak in the Northeast. The Mt. Washington Cog Railway is a one-of-a-kind experience that is an exhilerating journey. The cog railway has been making this trek up to Mt. Washington for over 150 years! This experience is sure to be one of your highlights of your time spent in New Hampshire.
The Best New Hampshire Getaway
After a day of exploring the area and some of the things to do in New Hampshire you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you’ll be returning to a quiet and comfortable place to rest. Our New Hampshire lodging is the ideal summer getaway. All of our guest rooms are tastefully and beautifully appointed and serve as an elegant yet casual space for guests to retreat to at the end of the day. Hang out at the serene lake front to unwind and relax.
You’ll enjoy a hearty breakfast to fuel you up for your days adventures. Served up in our beautiful dining room overlooking the sparking lake, we offer dishes such as quiches and casseroles, fresh fruit yogurt parfaits, and breakfast banana splits. This is sure to be a vacation you won’t soon forget! If you are ready for the perfect place for a summer escape, book your stay with us today!