10 Reasons to Visit the Lakes Region
Are you thinking about spending some time in the Lakes Region? This central portion of the state is known for its many picturesque lakes, and charming, quaint lakeside towns that dot the region. It’s long been a popular summer destination for people from all over New England. Though summertime in the Lakes Region is an experience you must have at least once in your life, there are just as many reasons to visit throughout the rest of the year. Book your room at our beautiful Lake Front Bed and Breakfast, and experience the unbelievable beauty of New Hampshire’s Lakes Region for yourself this winter.
Why Visit the Lakes Region?
There are more things to see and do in the Lakes Region than we can possibly mention in a single blog. However, here are a few of our favorite things to do, which should certainly top your list when you visit us this winter:
- Visit Newfound Lake, where you’ll discover a hidden beauty all of its own. This serene lake, located near the town of Bristol, has a lighthouse that can be viewed from the roadway, adjacent to Paradise Lodge on Route 3A.
- Visit Madison Boulder Natural Area, where you’ll discover some truly big rocks left over from the Ice Age. The granite boulder stands at 23′ high, 83′ long and 37′ wide, and it weighs in at 5,000 tons, and is truly an impressive site to behold.
- Take a tour of Belknap Mill, which is the oldest unaltered textile mill in operation in the entire country. The Mill was built in 1823, and today features a themed gift shop, offering items like old-fashioned toys, folk art, jams and jellies, coffees and textile products.
- Walk Laconia’s Riverwalk, a one-mile stretch along the Winnipesaukee River that takes you past other historic sites like the Busiel Mill, the Laconia Public Library, the Masonic Temple, the Laconia Passenger Station, and the Belknap Mill.
- Go Skiing at Gunstock Mountain near Gilford. Right now, when you book a 2 night stay at our Bed and Breakfast, you’ll enjoy free lift tickets to Gunstock Mountain Resort. Call us to find out more.
- Go shopping at the Tanger Outlet Center in Tilton. It’s a great place to find all of your favorite designer wear at much lower prices.
- Visit Funspot, the largest arcade in the world with over 500 games for all ages.
- Stand beneath the Tilton (or memorial) Arch in Northfield. The Roman replica arch was built in the 1800’s as a memorial to the ancestors of Charles E. Tilton, and affords visitors an astounding view of the region.
- Visit Kellerhaus, the oldest candy shop in New Hampshire. They feature a vast collection of chocolates and traditional candy shoppe favorites, but also make their own ribbon candy by hand.
- Go cross country skiing or snowshoeing at Franconia Notch State Park, where you’ll fun unmatched beauty in this a spectacular mountain pass, which extends from the Flume Gorge at the south to Echo Lake at the north.
However you choose to spend your time in the Lakes Region this winter, it will be time well spent. You’ll leave feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, ready to take on the frenzy of modern life. Don’t forget to make your plans to come back and visit us this summer, either. Act fast, and book your room at our New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast today.